The new version of Gemalto Mobile Protector & Secure Messenger SDK brings the following improvements:
1. Enhanced security on Android
- The SDK now offers even greater protection against reverse engineering, thanks to native code used for its most sensitive parts (e.g. cryptographic operations and OTP generation), and Gemalto’s latest and unique code-obfuscation techniques;
- Security improvements on root / hooking / debugger detection.
2. Apple Face ID support on iPhone X:
To comply with Apple guidelines, Gemalto FaceID is disabled and replaced by Apple Face ID when the latter is available.
3. Improved user experience:
- More attractive user interface on the Security Keypad (with gradient colors and the possibility to choose from a pre-defined color palette);
- App developers can disable the “Delete” button in the Security Keypad, if this is not necessary.
Contact your support team or regular account manager if you have questions.
We are pleased to announce the release of SafeNet ProtectV 4.4
SafeNet ProtectV 4.4.0 enhances the solution’s security features with mandatory default password changes, encryption of stored secrets, and support for 3rd party SSL certificates. Additionally, it can now be used in more AWS regions on a broader set of operating systems. With version 4.4.0, Gemalto extends SafeNet ProtectV’s support for physical machines, Ubuntu LTS 14.04 & 16.04, CentOS 7.4, AWS China and 5 additional AWS regions across North America, Asia, and Europe. In this release, Gemalto also adds security features that turn previously optional best practices into default settings.
New Features and Enhancements
- Support for AWS China: In addition to Amazon AWS and Amazon GovCloud, this release protects client instances in AWS China.
- Support for Additional AWS Regions: SafeNet ProtectV 4.4.0 supports the following newly introduced AWS regions:
- US East (Ohio)
- Canada (Central)
- EU (London)
- Asia Pacific (Mumbai)
- Asia Pacific (Seoul)
- Support for Third Party SSL Certificates: Previous versions of SafeNet ProtectV included pre-shipped SSL certificates that were used to access the SafeNet ProtectV Manager Console and RESTful APIs. This release adds support for third party SSL certificates.
You can now use pre-shipped or third party SSL certificates to access the SafeNet ProtectV Manager Console and RESTful APIs instead of the self-signed certificates shipped with the product. A new command, pvmctl configsslcert, is included in this release to configure SafeNet ProtectV for third party SSL certificates.
- Encrypted Secrets
SafeNet ProtectV now stores secrets in encrypted form. In previous versions of SafeNet ProtectV, secrets are protected by ACLs that are only accessible to root administrators. SafeNet Keysecure now protects the keys securing secrets within the SafeNet ProtectV Manager.
- Modified API Commands ProtectV Manager Clusters and ProtectV Gateways
A new parameter, --pvmiplist, is added to the pvmctl gwstart command. Use this parameter to specify colon-separated lists of IP addresses of ProtectV Manager cluster members.
The --pvmiplist parameter is useful when ProtectV Managers in a cluster are accessible to each other through private IP addresses, but only through public IP addresses to ProtectV Gateway. ProtectV Gateway would try to access ProtectV Managers in the provided colon-separated list, in case of failure to reach the current ProtectV Manager.
Do not provide --pvmiplist if ProtectV Gateway can access ProtectV Manager cluster members directly (all private or all public IP addresses).
Another new command, pvmctl gwstop, is added in this release. Use this command to stop the external ProtectV Gateway service. You need to stop the ProtectV Gateway service before running pvmctl gwstart with --pvmiplist.
Refer to the SafeNet ProtectV API Guide for details.
- Ability to Set Password for ProtectV Manager Database
In previous SafeNet ProtectV versions, the default password for the ProtectV Manager Database (PVMDB) was automatically assigned.
For security purposes, customers will now be prompted to set their own initial password for the database upon configuration using the new command ‘pvmctl setdbpass’. Customers can change the initial password at any time later via the ‘pvmctl updatedbpass’ command.
- New Platform and Integration Support
This release extends support for the following new platforms:
• Encryption Support for Physical Machines Running Ubuntu Platforms
o SafeNet ProtectV 4.4.0 can now encrypt physical machines running Ubuntu 16.04 and 14.04 platforms.
• Support for CentOS 7.4
o SafeNet ProtectV 4.x can now encrypt instances running the CentOS 7.4 platform.
• SafeNet ProtectV 2.x now supports RHEL 7.4 and CentOS 7.4
o However, SafeNet ProtectV 2.x does not support xfs file systems for versions RHEL and CentOS versions 7.2-7.4
Refer to the Operating Systems section for the complete list of supported platforms.
ACHIEVE SECURITY AND COMPLIANCE IN THE CLOUD NOW WITH PROTECTV
Find out more about SafeNet ProtectV and SafeNet Cloud-Enabled Security from Gemalto: Brochure - SafeNet ProtectV Product Brief
For the complete list of platforms, please refer to the Customer Release Notes KB0017144 (registration to the Gemalto Support Portal is required).
For any questions, please contact your regional sales manager.
We are pleased to announce that SafeNet Trusted Access (STA) has been updated with the following features:
- Application Assignment: Customers can now assign groups of users to an application, and control through STA their access right to the application based on the users group membership.
- IDP Login Customization for STA : Customers can now customize visual attributes of the login page presented by STA to end-users, while accessing applications. This includes customization of the company logo, background image and colors - all managed through a user friendly interactive UI.
- Metadata Import for Application Configuration: Provides ability to import application-provided configuration metadata files for simpler and faster configuration of applications in STA.
For additional details, please refer to KB0016061 in the Customer Support Portal.
SafeNet Authentication Service PCE/SPE 3.7 (SP2) is now available for download from the Gemalto Service Portal KB0017123.
This is a maintenance release that resolves several known issues.
We are excited to announce the availability of the SafeNet OTP Display Card, an OATH-compliant two-factor authentication token designed in a convenient credit card form factor for customers seeking a high-end one-time passcode (OTP) solution.
Easily fitting into your wallet, the SafeNet OTP Display Card is now supported by SafeNet Authentication Service (SAS) – Cloud Edition and SafeNet Trusted Access (STA), offering OTP-based strong authentication from any device to any application secured by these management platforms. (Support by SAS PCE/SPE is forthcoming.)
We are pleased to inform you that SafeNet Authentication Service Agent for Windows Logon (WLA) 2.2.4 is now available.
This is a maintenance release that features .Net framework update and resolves some known issues.
Installation and configuration instructions, along with the agent itself, can be downloaded from the Gemalto Customer Portal KB0017113.
EOS/EOL Reminders: Athena ASEDrive IIIe-USB Card Reader IDBridge CT510 reader and SafeNet eToken 7300
As part of our ongoing product communication, we are providing End-of-Sale reminders for Athena ASEDrive IIIe-USB Card Reader and IDBridge CT510 Reader (PC Express) and End-of-Life Reminder for SafeNet eToken 7300
Effective February 28, 2018, Gemalto will discontinue selling the following product to customers and it will no longer be available for purchase (EOS), for details please see the End-of-Sale announcement below:
- Athena ASEDrive IIIe-USB Card Reader – View End-of-Sale announcement
Effective March 31, 2018, Gemalto will discontinue selling the following product to customers and it will no longer be available for purchase (EOS), for details please see the End-of-Sale announcement below:
- IDBridge CT510 reader (PC Express) – View End-of-Sale announcement
Effective May 31, 2018, the following product will be End-of-Life (EOL), for details please see the End-of-Life announcement below:
SafeNet eToken 7300 – View End-of-Life announcement
This release is an upgrade that brings some enhancements in security, compliance, and functionality:
- Enhanced security thanks to User Expiration Monitoring: This new version of CAS will automatically block a user who has not logged in for some time.
- GDPR compliance: CAS v7.6 treats personal data in a secure way that is complaint with GDPR, for example by encrypting personal data and allowing banks to clean up the traces of specific users.
- Easier audits and health checks thanks to a unified log format that can be easily integrated with external systems. Feel free to contact your support team or account manager to find out more!
We would like to announce the release of SafeNet Authentication Manager 8.2 Hotfix 772.
This is a maintenance release that resolves several known issues and features security enhancements.
SafeNet Authentication Manager 8.2 Hotfix 772 is now available for download from the Gemalto Support Portal KB0017016.
We are pleased to inform you that SafeNet Authentication Service PCE Agent for FreeRADIUS 3.1 is now available.
This release is based on the latest major version of FreeRADIUS server (version 3.0) and features:
- Major enhancements in deployment and set up (Docker container based)
- Support for Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol (PEAP) without requiring SafeNet Authentication Service Agent for PEAP
Installation and configuration instructions, along with the agent itself, can be downloaded from the Gemalto Customer Portal KB0016460.
Select a product category:
Subscribe by email
Gemalto Mobile Protector & Secure Messenger SDK v4.6 is now available!
Silvia Candido | February 23, 2018, 09:12 am
Product Release Announcement: SafeNet ProtectV 4.4
ahanway | February 8, 2018, 03:15 pm
SafeNet Trusted Access – Continuous Delivery – Release Announcement
Lorna Ayoun-Berdugo | February 7, 2018, 04:54 am
SafeNet Authentication Service PCE/SPE 3.7 (SP2) – Release Announcement
Lorna Ayoun-Berdugo | February 5, 2018, 12:45 pm
Now Available – SafeNet OTP Display Card
Lorna Ayoun-Berdugo | February 1, 2018, 08:18 am