Home » Product Announcement: SafeNet EtherNet Encryptor CN4020, Enabling Last Mile Secure Communications
Product Announcement: SafeNet EtherNet Encryptor CN4020, Enabling Last Mile Secure Communications
On the Edge – Fibre to the x High Speed Network Encryption
New secure, full line rate encryption over Ethernet for a range of last mile FTTx connections
More telecommunications networks are using optical fibre to provide all or part of the local loop used for last mile telecommunications bringing new services and performance levels to the edge more efficiently and cost-effectively. This enables service providers, to allow remote offices to communicate more effectively between branches, and back to headquarters, data centers or any centralized hub, and to offer enhanced services to their customers. However, as networks, and particularly last mile communications networks are vulnerable to eavesdropping, it is essential to secure data, video and voice traffic. The newest appliance in the SafeNet High Speed Encryptor (HSE) family, the SafeNet Ethernet Encryptor CN4020 (CN4020) provides highly secure, full line rate Ethernet encryption over optical medium up to 1 Gbps. The CN4020 enables Fibre to the x (FTTx* ) connections in a versatile, cost-effective, user configurable platform designed to provide Fiber Optic connectivity and Carrier Ethernet performance services out to the edge.
SafeNet Ethernet Encryptor CN4020 Available Now!
The CN4020 provides:
- Versatility to suit multiple environments - Encryption across both dark fibre and metro or wide (MAN and WAN) area Ethernet networks in point to point, hub and spoke or meshed environments - 100 Mbps to 1000 Mbps Ethernet layer 2 encryption.
- Compact form factor - A lightweight desk-top profile, but can also be delivered with an optional rack-mount conversion kit.
- Future-ready flexibility - An optical interface to meet a broad range of FTTx scenarios. In addition, it also supports electrical (copper) interface converters (SFP) to provide a future-ready solution for organizations currently using copper but transitioning to fibre in the future.
Encrypt Everywhere - Wherever You Need It
With the pervasive growth of Ethernet FTTx services, the CN4020 is the ideal solution for all organizations with branch and remote locations from small to large enterprises and government or service providers. Designed as an edge High Speed Encryption (HSE) solution for organizations utilizing up to 1 Gbps optical connectivity between sites, the CN4020 enables companies that are upgrading their older networks with fibre to take advantage of enhanced last mile communications.
SafeNet HSE: No Compromise on Security and Performance
Addressing the need for high security assurance, highly resilient line-rate encryption, the CN4020 like the other encryptors in the SafeNet HSE family, enable cost-effective implementation of high-speed encryption across more network links - protecting their sensitive data from interception without compromising their networks' speed and performance. Delivering exceptional encrypted throughput in a compact and energy-efficient form, the SafeNet HSE family offer best-of-breed encryption and key management; near zero latency; zero network overhead and set-and-forget simplicity.
More Information: Making High Speed Work for You
Find out more about the CN4020 and the SafeNet High Speed Encryptor (HSE) Family
- SafeNet Ethernet Encryptor CN4020 Product Brief
- SafeNet High Speed Encryptor Family Brochure
- HSE Fibre Tapping Video
To order now, or for further information or questions contact, please contact your Gemalto sales manager.
* Fibre to the x (FTTX) is a generic term for any broadband network architecture using optical fibre to provide all or part of the local loop used for last mile communications. The term is a generalization for several connections of fibre deployment, ranging from FTTN (fibre to the neighborhood/node) to FTTD (fibre to the desktop). Ethernet is particularly well suited to this as it can extend up to tens of miles/kilometers, far more so than copper.
Select a product category:
Subscribe by email
SafeNet Authentication Service PCE/SPE 3.7 Revised Release – Release Announcement
Alexis Horn | November 16, 2017, 10:22 am
IDGo 800 Minidriver v1.2.10 - Release Announcement
Lorna Ayoun-Berdugo | November 13, 2017, 11:25 am
SafeNet Authentication Service Agent for Remote Desktop Web Access (RDWeb) 1.1.0 & SafeNet Authentication Service TLS 1.2 support for Microsoft Java API Agent v1.2.0 – Release Announcement
Lorna Ayoun-Berdugo | November 13, 2017, 01:24 am
New Product Release: SafeNet ProtectV 4.3
ahanway | November 9, 2017, 12:03 pm
SafeNet Trusted Access – Continuous Delivery – Release Announcement
Alexis Horn | November 6, 2017, 12:43 am