Posts by Author
EOS/EOL for DataSecure
SafeNet announces the end-of-sale and end-of-life dates for all versions of DataSecure and its supported connectors. The last day to order the affected product(s) is March 1, 2015. For existing DataSecure customers this equates to a rebranding of the DataSecure product functionality, under the name “KeySecure." Customers with active maintenance contracts will continue to receive support from SafeNet as shown in Table 01 of this announcement. Table 01 describes the end-of-life milestones, definitions, and dates for the affected product(s). Table 02 lists the product part numbers affected by this announcement. For customers with active and paid service and support contracts, support will be available until the termination date of the contract, even if this date exceeds the Last Date of Support shown in Table 01: DataSecure customers are encouraged to migrate to KeySecure 8.0. In addition to providing the same functionality and features as DataSecure, KeySecure offers:
- Single, centralized platform - for managing cryptographic content (keys and related data) and applications capable of running on premise, in the cloud or hybrid environments.
- Crypto Operations Upgrade Pack (Crypto Pack) - a simple licensing option that transforms your key management appliance into a server supporting the functionality currently associated with our DataSecure product line; including support for SafeNet’s encryption connectors ProtectApp, ProtectFile, ProtectDB and Tokenization Manager.
- Access market leading KMIP Storage/Archive Partners - In addition to the encryption capabilities offered by Data Secure, KeySecure 8.0 will allow customers to utilize KMIP (Key Management Interoperability Protocol) to monitor and manage keys residing on storage appliances from leading vendors including NetApp, Dell, HP, Hitachi, Brocade, Quantum, IBM and others.
- Take advantage of SafeNet’s growing ecosystem - Over 40 partners provide greater coverage of not only storage appliances but also applications (COTS or in-house), database servers and cloud encryption gateways.
- Route to cloud - Support virtual appliances for VMware and Amazon Web Services Marketplace.
- Integration with SafeNet’s Luna HSM - a hardware security module for added protection and key storage.
... read more »
Select a product category:
Subscribe by email
SafeNet Authentication Service PCE/SPE 3.7 (SP1) – Release Announcement
Lorna Ayoun-Berdugo | December 6, 2017, 01:49 am
SafeNet Authentication Client 10.4 (Post GA), SafeNet Minidriver 10.1, IDGo 800 PKCS#11 v1.2.10 Libraries – Release Announcement
Lorna Ayoun-Berdugo | December 6, 2017, 01:42 am
ProtectHost EFT (PHEFT) End of Support Reminder
Paul Hampton | December 4, 2017, 11:53 am
EOS Notification: Athena ASEDrive IIIe-USB Card Reader
Lorna Ayoun-Berdugo | November 30, 2017, 02:30 am
SafeNet Virtual KeySecure k170v version 1.1 Now Available
Stephen Kingston | November 29, 2017, 12:32 pm