Posts by Author
SafeNet High Speed Encryptors – More Secure Than Ever Before
Latest versions of SafeNet High Speed Encryptor Management Platforms Now Available
We are pleased to announce the release of SMC 5.3.1 and CM7 2.6/4.6. This is a field upgradeable release for all CN/SEE products. Included in the release are the following highlights:
ECDH/ECDSA – HSE now support Elliptic curve Diffie–Hellman (ECDH) and Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA). To find out more about Elliptic Curves, click here
AES-GCM on 10 Gbps – HSE now provides packet by packet authentication and encryption up to and including 10 Gbps
Suite B - Suite B cryptographic algorithms are specified by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and are used by NSA's Information Assurance Directorate in solutions approved for protecting National Security Systems (NSS). Suite B includes cryptographic algorithms for encryption, key exchange, digital signature, and hashing. Components include:
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) — key sizes of 128 and 256 bits
- Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA) — digital signatures
- Elliptic Curve Diffie–Hellman (ECDH) — key agreement
- Secure Hash Algorithm 2 (SHA-256/SHA-384/SHA-512) — message digest
The release and documentation are available (to registered users) on our Service Portal.
... read more »
SafeNet Ethernet Encryptor (SEE) Family End-of-Sale/End-of-Life
- SEE BO 10
- SEE BO 100
- SEE Model 600 (100Mbps/1Gbps)
- SEE Model 650 (10Gbps)
|End-of-Sale Date (LTB)||December 31, 2015*|
|Start of Good Faith Support||January 1, 2016|
|End-of-Life/End-of-Support||December 31, 2020|
|Part Number||SafeNet Description|
|943-50201-004||SEE, BRANCH OFFICE 10, 10MBPS, External AC, V2.0|
|943-50211-001||SEE, BRANCH OFFICE 100, 100MBPS, AC, V2.0|
|943-51131-001||SEE, 100 MBPS, AC, V4.0|
|943-51131-207||SEE, 100 MBPS, Dual AC, V4.0|
|943-51131-002||SEE, 200 MBPS, AC, V4.0|
|943-51132-207||SEE, 200 MBPS, Dual AC, V4.0|
|943-51151-001||SEE, 1GBPS, AC, V4.0|
|943-51151-207||SEE, 1GBPS, Dual AC, V4.0|
|943-53371-201||SEE, 10GBPS, Dual AC, V4.0|
... read more »
HSE CN4010 and CN6010 Certified FIPS 140-2 L3
... read more »
Encrypt Everywhere High Speed Encryptors - CN4010 Now Available
- Affordable Network Encryption - We now have a range of affordable network encryption options available to suit your requirements. The CN4010 is targeted at SMEs but is perfectly suited to even the most secure commercial and government organizations as there is no compromise on security or performance. And we’ve reduced the price on our higher-end CN6000 Series encryptors by up to 47% so “encryption everywhere” can be an affordable reality.
- Metadata Encryption– SafeNet is the only organization to offer metadata protection to the commercial Ethernet encryption market. While encryption mitigates exposure, attackers are still able to intercept communications and examine the traffic patterns to deduce information through traffic analysis. The patterns of data are often just as useful to hackers as the data itself. In TRANSEC mode the encryptor generates fixed size encrypted Ethernet frames at a constant frame rate from the network port irrespective of the frame sizes and rates received on the local port. The entire Ethernet frame received on the local port is encrypted so that no MAC addresses or header information are exposed. With SafeNet’s TRANSEC (Transmission Security) protection, you can ensure your data, and your metadata, is secure. This unique capability is available across the newest HSE devices, namely the CN4010, CN6010, CN6040 and the CN6100.
- Replay Protection - A common mechanism to prevent a replay attack is to track the expected sequence number at the receiver and discard any frames with “old” sequence numbers. This is called replay protection with strict ordering.
- Timezone control - The ability to set a timezone or offset from GMT/UTC has been added.
- GCM - GCM provides authenticated encryption by calculating a Galois Message Authentication Code (GMAC) over a portion of a frame and appends the GMAC to the frame. When GCM mode is enabled the entire L2 frame will be authenticated by default.
- Backup and Restore of configuration - The ability to perform a backup and restore of an encryptor’s configuration has been added.
- QKD on CN6000 Series with V3 certificates - QKD operation has been added to the CN6000 Series with V3 certificates.
VLAN - QKD operation is now supported in VLAN mode.
- Local Activation - The activate –l command allows a user to change the default administrator credentials via the CLI. This enables a user to activate and certify an encryptor without the use of our management platforms - CM7 or SMC.
- For more information registered customers can download the Customer Release Notes from the Service Portal, using document ID numbers DOW3336 and DOW3337.
... read more »
Select a product category:
Subscribe by email
SafeNet Authentication Service MobilePASS+ 1.4.1 for iOS – Release Announcement
Lorna Ayoun-Berdugo | September 18, 2017, 05:05 am
SafeNet ProtectServer Network HSM Version 5.4 Field Upgrade Now Available
Alexis Horn | September 13, 2017, 09:39 pm
Product Update: SafeNet Crypto Command Center 3.0 Now GA
Falco Christow | September 11, 2017, 07:56 pm
SafeNet Luna HSMs Now Common Criteria Certified
Claudia Dunphy | September 7, 2017, 02:14 pm
SafeNet Trusted Access - Product Release Announcement
Lorna Ayoun-Berdugo | September 5, 2017, 09:36 am