We’d like to inform you that an updated version of MobilePASS Version 8.4 for Windows Phone 8.1 will be available on the Windows Phone store from 8th January, 2015.
The new application will be uploaded to the Windows Phone Store independently of the current MobilePASS application under the name “SafeNet MobilePASS”.
New Features and Enhancements
• New Management Platform Support – SafeNet Authentication Service (Cloud and PCE)
• OS compatibility: Windows Phone 8.1 and up
• Enhanced UI leveraging Microsoft Metro design language
• Support for Event-based (HOTP), Time based (TOTP) and C-R (OCRA) tokens
• Support for FIPS 140-2 Level 1 cryptographic libraries
• Security enhancements for Time and Event-based tokens
• Default token name is now taken from the user name as configured in SAS
• Multi-Token support: The MobilePASS application can be used to create and enroll multiple MobilePASS tokens. All these tokens are identified by the unique token name. Each of the MobilePASS token has its own policy, PIN etc. and works independently.
• Support for token administration driven by MobilePASS token policy: Various attributes of the token such as the token type, OTP length, PIN length, attack lockout, attack delay, PIN change etc. are derived from the MobilePASS token policy.
• Support for auto-enrollment via DSKPP mechanism: MobilePASS 8.4 supports the DSKPP based mechanism for auto-enrollment.
Support and Availability Status of MobilePASS 8.1 for Windows Phone
SafeNet MobilePASS 8.4 for Windows Phone will not be an upgrade to MobilePASS 8.1 for Windows Phone, rather it will be a separate and new application.
The transition path for existing customers is as follows:
|Current OS in Use
|Windows Phone 8.1
|Customers should continue using MobilePASS 8.1 for Windows Phone, OR
Switch to the new SafeNet MobilePASS 8.4 for Windows Phone at their system administrators’ discretion.
|MobilePASS for Windows Phone and the new SafeNet MobilePASS for Windows Phone can be installed side by side on the same device
|Windows Phone 7.0 & 8.0
|Customers should continue using MobilePASS 8.1 for Windows Phone
|SafeNet MobilePASS 8.4 for Windows Phone supports Windows Phone 8.1 and up only
Note: The new application will not affect currently installed MobilePASS for Windows Phone installations, but we will not be issuing future updates for this existing version [18.104.22.168].
Additional details of this release are available in the Customer Release Notes.