SafeNet MobilePASS 8.4 for BlackBerry OS 10 Release Update
We would like to advise you that MobilePASS Version 8.4 for BlackBerry 10 is available for download from the SafeNet Support Portal (DOW3675).
The MobilePASS 8.4 for BlackBerry OS 10 release enables BlackBerry customers using BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) 10 or 12 to deploy MobilePASS from their mobile device management (MDM) system.
New Features and Enhancements
MobilePASS Version 8.4 for BlackBerry 10 includes the following features:
• BES 10 and BES 12 support: MobilePASS 8.4 for BlackBerry OS 10 can be deployed by the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) 10 or 12 to BlackBerry OS 10 devices.
• Improved User Interface: MobilePASS 8.4 for BlackBerry OS 10 improves the user experience with an enhanced user interface.
• Management Platform Support: SafeNet Authentication Service (Cloud) and SafeNet Authentication Manager are supported, offering full featured activation and policy management capabilities.
• Cryptographic Security: BlackBerry FIPS 140-2 Level 1 cryptographic libraries are supported.
• Default Token Name: The MobilePASS default token name for the first token is taken from the user name as configured in SAS. After activation, the default token name includes the user name.
• Time-based security enhancements – countermeasures have been implemented, alerting users to the possibility that their device has been compromised, and that future OTPs have been generated.
• Event-based security enhancements – Event-based tokens can now be configured to support a delay in pre-defined number of seconds before another OTP is generated.
Authentication Server Compatibility
MobilePASS 8.4 for BlackBerry 10 is supported by the SafeNet Authentication servers listed below.
• SafeNet Authentication Service (SAS) Cloud
• SafeNet Authentication Manager (SAM) 8.2 - latest Hotfix
• SafeNet Authentication Manager Express (SAMx) 8.1
MobilePASS 8.4 for BlackBerry OS 10 does not support upgrade from earlier releases.
Additional details of this release are available in the Customer Release Notice.
Select a product category:
Subscribe by email
Product Release: Luna EFT Payment HSM version 2.2.2
Paul Hampton | April 25, 2018, 07:24 pm
Product Update: SafeNet Crypto Command Center 3.3 Now GA
Falco Christow | April 25, 2018, 07:17 pm
Web Signer 1.2 is now available!
Silvia Candido | April 23, 2018, 12:22 pm
SafeNet Trusted Access – Continuous Delivery – Release Announcement
Lorna Ayoun-Berdugo | April 23, 2018, 11:08 am
F5 Now Supporting SafeNet Luna Network HSM 7.1 with BIG-IP 13.1
Claudia Dunphy | April 17, 2018, 02:35 pm