Thales is pleased to announce the official release of CipherTrust Transparent Encryption UserSpace version 9.1.0. CipherTrust Transparent Encryption UserSpace delivers encryption and access controls for file system in UserSpace on Linux. It is independent of Linux kernels and it works across multiple flavors of Linux OS that makes deploying and maintaining the solution seamless for customers. It is part of the CipherTrust Data Security Platform.
Below is a brief summary of new features in the release:
- Offline Mode: CipherTrust Transparent Encryption UserSpace downloads a copy of keys and encryption policies from the key manager and stores them securely on the client. When the connection to the key manager is lost and the CipherTrust Transparent Encryption UserSpace service is restarted, it starts using the policies stored locally on the client.
- Improved Lazy Migration: CipherTrust Transparent Encryption UserSpace agent is able to detect files previously encrypted by the agent and skip them during a migration operation
- Health Manager: A new health CipherTrust Transparent Encryption UserSpace Health Manager utility is introduced which allows changing configuration parameters, enable advanced logging, monitor service uptime and much more
- New Operating System Support: This release adds support for encryption of clients running
- Amazon Linux 2
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Operating Systems Supported
CTE UserSpace can be installed on following platforms(operating systems):
- Amazon Linux 2
- Oracle Linux and Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel (UEK) 7.4 and higher
- Oracle Linux and Red Hat Compatible Kernel (RHCK) 7.4 and higher
- RHEL 7.4 and higher
- SLES 12 SP4 and higher
- SLES 15 and higher
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and higher
CipherTrust Transparent Encryption UserSpace is compatible with the following Key Managers:
- Thales NextGen KeySecure OS v1.9.1 and Thales CipherTrust Manager v2.0 and higher versions
- Thales KeySecure Classic OS v8.11.0 and higher versions.
For additional product information contact your local Thales Sales representative. Features and benefits can also be found in the Thales CipherTrust Transparent Encryption UserSpace Product Brief.