SafeNet ProtectV™3.3 – GA Announcement
SafeNet ProtectV™ 3.3 Ensuring Security and Compliance in the Cloud
Extending Multi-Cloud Support Across Cloud-Enabled Environments
We are pleased to announce the release of SafeNet ProtectV 3.3, highlighting a new architecture that enables more flexibility and ease of use. SafeNet ProtectV 3.3 is the first SafeNet ProtectV version that enables Microsoft Azure customers to deploy their own ProtectV Manager and key management via a customer-owned KeySecure in a centralized location. Now, SafeNet ProtectV customers can manage clients across accounts (within AWS for example) and across multiple cloud environments (AWS & Azure). Already supporting AWS and GovCloud, this new version extends our support for the cloud-enabled ecosystem in Microsoft Azure, and enhances our security to provide assurance that sensitive data remains secure across cloud environments.
In addition it provides direct upgrade support from SafeNet ProtectV 2.x, and introduces automated deployment via AWS Cloudformation templates, allowing both existing and new customers to take advantage of all the benefits of cloud, while ensuring security and compliance.
WHAT’S NEW IN PROTECTV 3.3
SafeNet ProtectV 3.3 introduces a number of new features and extends the ecosystem supported in Microsoft Azure. Although SafeNet ProtectV 3.0 already supports Azure, it was delivered as a service with a SafeNet-hosted ProtectV Manager Portal and Key Management service. Now customers can deploy and manage their own SafeNet ProtectV Manager and SafeNet KeySecure, either on-premises or in the cloud. ProtectV Manager now has the capability to manage SafeNet ProtectV clients across multiple clouds environments (AWS & Azure) and accounts within AWS VPC.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE RELEASE
- SafeNet ProtectV 3.3 makes it easy for customers to take advantage of the new architecture with direct upgrade support for SafeNet ProtectV 2.0.6 and 3.2 clients.
- New operating system support including Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 and 6.8, and AWS Linux.
- SafeNet ProtectV 3.3 supports the automation and encryption of backups for the SafeNet ProtectV database (local & external) via SFTP & SCP
Enhanced Security Management:
- SafeNet ProtectV 3.3 now provides an optional encryption and pre-boot authentication feature for the SafeNet ProtectV Manager
- Enhanced SSL negotiation ciphers
- Manage your SafeNet KeySecure settings through the SafeNet ProtectV Manager. SafeNet KeySecure now connects to the SafeNet ProtectV Manager versus the SafeNet ProtectV Gateway, simplifying deployment and removing the requirement to configure SafeNet KeySecure on each ProtectV Gateway.
- Persistent SafeNet KeySecure and Database settings enabled on the SafeNet ProtectV Managers
SafeNet ProtectV™3.3 is available now through Windows Azure Marketplace, direct sales, or (for current customers) on the Gemalto eService Support Portal.
SNEAK PEEK: WHAT’S NEXT FOR SAFENET PROTECTV
We’re also excited to share with you a sneak peek at what’s on the horizon for SafeNet ProtectV.
September 2016 - SafeNet ProtectV 3.4 will support VMware vSphere, AWS and Azure. It will also support IBM SoftLayer private clouds built on VMware.
- October 2016 - SafeNet ProtectV 3.5 will support vCloud Director.
MORE INFORMATION: ENABLE SECURITY AND COMPLIANCE IN THE CLOUD NOW WITH PROTECTV.
- Brochure - SafeNet ProtectV Product Brief
- For Technical Documentation - Please visit the support portal for the latest SafeNet ProtectV 3.3 support guides – registration is required.
For further information or questions contact your regional sales manager.
Select a product category:
Subscribe by email
Product Release: Luna EFT Payment HSM version 2.2.2
Paul Hampton | April 25, 2018, 07:24 pm
Product Update: SafeNet Crypto Command Center 3.3 Now GA
Falco Christow | April 25, 2018, 07:17 pm
Web Signer 1.2 is now available!
Silvia Candido | April 23, 2018, 12:22 pm
SafeNet Trusted Access – Continuous Delivery – Release Announcement
Lorna Ayoun-Berdugo | April 23, 2018, 11:08 am
F5 Now Supporting SafeNet Luna Network HSM 7.1 with BIG-IP 13.1
Claudia Dunphy | April 17, 2018, 02:35 pm