Luna PCIe HSM has now been added to firmware version 7.4.2. A reminder that 7.4.2 was previously released, offering support for Luna Network HSMs (only).
Both Luna PCIe and Luna Network HSMs now support the following cryptographic algorithms:
- 3GPP Security for 5G Mobile Networks – both Luna PCIe and Luna Network HSMs now enable subscriber authentication for 5G mobile networks by protecting the private key. Specifically, they now support authentication and key generation functions for Milenage, Tuak and COMP128.
- SM2 and SM4 – are now enabled. Supporting the SM2 and SM4 cryptographic algorithms opens up sales and RFP opportunities in China.
- SHA-3 – is the new Secure Hash Algorithm, adding increased security.
The following Luna HSM versions are required to take advantage of the new algorithms:
- Luna PCIe or Luna Network HSM Appliance v7.4
- Luna HSM Firmware v7.4.2
- Luna HSM Client v10.2
Support Portal Downloads:
- Luna PCIe HSM Firmware 7.4.2 – KB0022459
- Luna Network HSM Firmware 7.4.2 – KB0021674
- Universal Client 10.2 – KB0021773
- includes links to the Luna HSM Client, release notes and product documentation
- 5G Algorithms/SM/SHA-3 Sample Code – KB0020857
Questions? please contact your Thales Representative.