Thales is pleased to announce the Luna USB HSM U700 and the Luna Backup HSM B7xx refresh are now available for our customers to order.
The new USB HSM U700 is ideal for customers that need to protect their critical business applications with updated cryptographic capabilities and offline key storage capabilities. It inherits the capabilities and security mechanisms of the 7th generation Luna HSM, including its full range of integration with third party platforms. Plus, with a handheld format, high quality touch screen, and PED key USB connector, the USB HSM brings a new level of convenience and reduced operating costs.
The refreshed Luna Backup HSM B7xx is ideal for customers that need to securely backup high value cryptographic key materials. The Luna Backup HSMs enable our customers to reduce risks, maintain SLAs, and assure regulatory compliance, ensuring that critical data is securely stored offline.
Luna USB HSM U700 and Luna Backup HSM B7xx Refresh Capabilities
The Luna USB HSM U700 and Luna Backup HSM B7xx Refresh provide additional support for customers looking to leverage the latest key types, key lengths, and crypto mechanisms, as well as to meet the latest security standard requirements and to simplify their operations.
Get the crypto capabilities of the 7th generation of Luna HSM: Get access to the latest cryptographic mechanisms (key management, PKI, block chain) and security updates developed for the 7th generation of Luna HSM, all while supporting a crypto agility strategy.
Ease of Use:
- Simplify the setup and monitoring of the device with its high quality color touch screen.
- Simplify the PED authentication setup with USB port to plug the iKeys authentication devices directly to the HSM, and interactive user interface on the touch screen.
- Configurable in PED or PWD mode.
- Configurable in export mode for BYOK use cases.
- The Luna USB HSM U700 can clone keys with all Luna HSMs and Luna Cloud HSM from Data Protection on Demand (DPoD).
- The Luna Backup HSM B7xx refresh can securely backup and restore HSM key material with all Luna HSMs and Luna Cloud HSM from Data Protection on Demand (DPoD).
- The Luna USB HSM can be combined into a HA group with PCIe, Network Luna HSM and Luna Cloud HSM from Data Protection on Demand (DPoD).
- The Luna Backup HSM B7xx refresh can backup up to 100 partitions and offer storage capacity from 32MB up to 256MB.
- The Luna USB HSM U700 offers a 32MB storage capacity.
- Secure transport mode: guarantee the integrity of the HSM from its shipment until it is received by the authorized recipient.
- Certification against the latest FIPS 140-3 L3 standard (in progress).
Downloads & Docs
For more details on the Luna USB HSM U700 or the refreshed Luna Backup HSM B7xx including advisory notes, features, resolved and known issues, please see the customer release notes available on Thales Docs.
Luna HSM Product Management:
- Eric Amador, Product Market Owner
- John Ray, Director of HSM Product Management
- Paul Hampton, DPoD Product Management