Gemalto is pleased to announce the official release of SafeNet Virtual KeySecure k170v version 1.2, which is built on prevailing cloud-based technologies — a key differentiator between the current k150v and k450v models and the next generation k170v model.
What’s New in this Release?
- Support for Google Compute and Microsoft HyperV environments
- KMIP support (allowing customers to store keys from storage appliances and applications to be stored on the Safenet Virtual KeySecure appliance)
- Improved HSM Support:
- SafeNet Luna 7 Support
- HA Support for HSM Master Key
- Configure HSM connectivity post install
Administrative improvements including:
- IPv6 Support
- Functionality to restart and reset the SafeNet KeySecure k170v via the API
- Password Management (allowing admins to specify password size, composition and re-usability)
- Authenticated NTP to ensure synchronization of appliances across your organization
- Simplified administrator bootstrapping makes it easy to initialize a k170v via the REST API
For a full list of other administrative improvements in this release, please see the customer release notes, available on the Gemalto Customer Support Portal: KB0017217 Virtual KeySecure k170v 1.2.0 Customer Release Notes.
SafeNet KeySecure k170vk170v | Product Highlights
- Built on cloud-based technologies (REST, JWT, Containers, Microservices)
- Improved cloud support (AWS, VMware, Microsoft Azure, and OpenStack natively supported. Beta versions of Google Compute and HyperV now available)
- Improved management console UI
- REST API / CLI Playground for developers
- Support for Cloud-init to script unattended installation of appliance
- HSM integration (SafeNet Luna HSM 5, 6, 7)
- New licensing engine for customers
- Support for the SafeNet Data Protection portfolio including: SafeNet ProtectApp (JCE), SafeNet ProtectV, SafeNet ProtectDB (Oracle) and SafeNet Tokenization