MobilePASS Version 8.4 for BlackBerry 10 - Release Announcement
We‘d like to advise you that MobilePASS Version 8.4 for BlackBerry 10 will be available for download from the BlackBerry World App store towards the end of February. Previously, MobilePASS 8.4 for BlackBerry 10 was only available for customers using BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) 10 and 12 for deployment via customers’ mobile device management (MDM) system.
• Customers using BES 10 or 12
Customers who distributed MobilePASS 8.4 via BES will not be affected by this release.
• Customers who have distributed MobilePASS 8.3.5 to users via the BlackBerry World app store
Henceforth, MobilePASS 8.4 for BlackBerry 10 will be the sole application distributed via BES and the BlackBerry World app store.
MobilePASS 8.4 does not override existing MobilePASS 8.3.5 installations and both versions will reside side by side on the same client device. As such, users of MobilePASS 8.3.5 can continue to use their installed apps, even if they manually download MobilePAS 8.4 from the BlackBerry World app store. To be fully operable, the newly installed MobilePASS 8.4 app will need to be enrolled and activated.
MobilePASS 8.4 for BlackBerry 10 Features
MobilePASS Version 8.4 for BlackBerry 10 includes the following features:
• BES 10 and BES 12 support: MobilePASS 8.4 for BlackBerry 10 can be deployed by the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) 10 or 12 to BlackBerry 10 devices.
• Improved User Interface: MobilePASS 8.4 for BlackBerry 10 improves the user experience with an enhanced user interface.
• Management Platform Support: SafeNet Authentication Service (Cloud) and SafeNet Authentication Manager are supported, offering full featured activation and policy management capabilities.
• Cryptographic Security: BlackBerry FIPS 140-2 Level 1 cryptographic libraries are supported.
• Default Token Name: The MobilePASS default token name for the first token is taken from the user name as configured in SafeNet Authentication Service.
• Time-based security enhancements – Countermeasures have been implemented, alerting users to the possibility that their device may have been compromised, causing future OTPs to be generated maliciously.
• Event-based security enhancements – Event-based tokens can now be configured to support a delay in pre-defined number of seconds before another OTP is generated.
Select a product category:
Subscribe by email
F5 Now Supporting SafeNet Luna Network HSM 7.1 with BIG-IP 13.1
Claudia Dunphy | April 17, 2018, 02:35 pm
SafeNet MobilePASS+ 1.6 for iOS and Android – Release Announcement
Lorna Ayoun-Berdugo | April 17, 2018, 09:42 am
SafeNet Authentication Service LDAP Sync Agent 3.5.5 – Release Announcement
Lorna Ayoun-Berdugo | April 17, 2018, 09:25 am
Gemalto Mobile Secure Messenger 2.0 is now available!
Silvia Candido | April 9, 2018, 11:21 am
SafeNet Authentication Manager 8.2 (SAM) Hotfix 775 – Release Announcement
Lorna Ayoun-Berdugo | April 3, 2018, 08:04 am