We are pleased to announce the release of the full token FIPS Certified version of the SafeNet eToken 5110. Still the same portable two-factor USB authenticator with advanced smart card technology, but with FIPS 140-2 level 3 certification for the full token boundaries. This version of the SafeNet eToken 5110 is based on the Gemalto IDCore 30 platform with eToken PKI applet version 1.8.
New Key Features
• Security certifications: FIPS 140-2 level 3 for the full token boundary
• On-board security algorithms: Symmetric: AES 128/192/256 bit Hash: SHA-256, RSA: 2048-bit, 3DES (Triple DES), Elliptic curves: P-256, P-384,
• Smart Card Platform: Gemalto IDCore 30 platform with eToken PKI applet version 1.8
Middleware and Management Support
• SafeNet eToken 5110 FIPS is supported by SafeNet Authentication Client 10.0. For details on backward compatibility with previous versions of SafeNet Authentication Client please refer to the SafeNet Authentication Client documentation.
• Customers who plan to implement the SafeNet eToken 5110 FIPS with SafeNet Authentication Client 10.0 and SafeNet Authentication Manager will need to update to the latest release of SafeNet Authentication Manager (version 8.2 Hotfix 158.749).
The new FIPS certified eToken 5110 products can be ordered from the webstore by using corresponding order numbers:
• 909-000451-001 – ETOKEN,SAFENET 5110 FIPS,JAVA/80K,BLACK,ID (HEX)