We are pleased to announce the official release of the following CipherTrust Data Security Platform products:
- CipherTrust Manager version 2.7: GA Feb 9th, 2022
- CipherTrust Data Discovery and Classification version 2.7: GA Feb 11th, 2022
- CipherTrust Transparent Encryption version 7.2: GA Feb 4th, 2022
Here are the key features included in these CipherTrust Platform product releases.
CipherTrust Manager version 2.7.0
CipherTrust Manager is the central management point for the CipherTrust Data Security Platform. It adds the following platform and security enhancements, and continued improvements in logging and reporting.
- Platform Improvements:
- Terraform support for easier automated deployment of CipherTrust Manager and CipherTrust Cloud Key Manager (Tech Preview)
- Upgrade Luna Client to UC 10.3 (one client for both Luna Network and Cloud HSM appliances/services)
- Zero knowledge Factory Reset
- Security Enhancements:
- Quorum improvements (Tech Preview)
- Enhancements to Certificate Based Login
- Continued Improvements in Logging and Reporting:
- Docker image for Appliance Metrics and Prometheus endpoint to consolidate CM endpoint information (Tech Preview)
- Proactive monitoring: Certificate expiry notification for API interfaces (Web/REST, NAE-XML, KMIP) and clients (CipherTrust Transparent Encryption, KMIP, etc.)
- Support for alarms based on Connector client records (e.g. CTE)
CipherTrust Data Discovery and Classification version 2.7.0
CipherTrust Data Discovery and Classification enables organizations get clear visibility of their sensitive data, assess risks and close privacy gaps across heterogeneous data stores – cloud, big data, and traditional environments. This helps customers to make better decisions about third-party data sharing and cloud migration, and proactively respond to data privacy and security regulations like GDPR, CCPA, PCI DSS and HIPAA. The new release includes the following main benefits.
- Scan Trend Report: Provides visibility on the scan trend data – like number of sensitive items discovered, analyzed and protected.
- Improved CipherTrust Intelligent Protection flow: Facilitates the possibility of protecting sensitive Data Object based on a scan execution, after it has ended successfully. This means that, CipherTrust Transparent Encryption can be configured and triggered after the discovery phase has ended.
- Identify ACL only: Provides specific information when an ACL policy has been applied to a Data Object.
- Manual Agent Assignment: Includes the capability of assigning specific agent to a Data Store.
- Automatic Pause Scan: Facilitates the capability of automatic pausing a scan, during peak hours for instance.
- Improved Scan Reporting: Enables filtering by the data displayed in the Scan Aggregated report- Data Object name, path, risk and type of Data Object.
- New InfoTypes: Includes new built-in InfoTypes for India – driving license, MGNREGA Job Card, bank account number, phone number, name, Indian Ration card number, marital status.
CipherTrust Transparent Encryption version 7.2.0
CipherTrust Transparent Encryption (CTE) delivers data at rest encryption, privileged user access controls, and detailed data access audit logging without modifying applications or databases. The new release includes the following main benefits:
- New Use Cases Supported:
- CipherTrust Live Data Transformation (LDT) for Network Attached Storage (NAS): enables encryption of CIFS and NFS shares to Network Attached Storage (NAS), without any application downtime.
- CipherTrust Transparent Encryption for Kubernetes (Tech Preview): delivers encryption, access controls, and data access logging, to protect data inside containers and in external storage accessible from containers, without modifying containerized application for Kubernetes environments. It supports both bare metal and managed Kubernetes deployments for all popular platform like Amazon, Azure, Google, OpenShift and more.
- Other Enhancements:
- Enables automatic SSL communication certificate renewal of CTE client
- Users can now schedule an upgrade with a custom binary extraction path directory for storing the temporary files required by the agent during the upgrade. Supports punch hole with fallocate operations for RHEL7 and above
- Supports dynamic host setting for CTE AIX agents: The dynamic host setting now permits the modified host settings to take effect when the new entries pushed from the DSM or CipherTrust Manager to the agent.
- Supports wildcard character “*” to define host/client settings for CTE agents from DSM or CipherTrust Manager.
- Domain-level CTE reporting. Administrators can now generate reports of CTE resources that belong to specific CipherTrust Manager domains
- Ability to restrict/allow updates to policies in use by active GuardPoints.
Read the full announcement at the Data Protection Technical Blog for detailed additional features